When life throws a lemon,don’t get bitter but act smart for your own sake.
There are times in our life and relationship that wreck us to the core. What we do about it decides where we end up?
My own life experiences has wrecked me many times. I was almost broke to the point of giving up my life.
No one in my life took interest in my life but escalated my pain.
I had to take decision. I was determined not to give up any more.
Life became my teacher. I tried all my resources and friends to find out what must be done to get out of this narrow place.
Here are few crucial steps that we can take when our relationship is at the breaking point.
Let me start,
1. Take full responsibility if you’re at fault
One important thing is to not act like children. You must be authentic. You need to take full responsibility if you know you are at fault.
2. Extend compassion and care to the person you hurt
Be human. Be compassionate. Learn to extend compassion. You get what you give.
3. Give your partner the opportunity to win your trust back
4. Practice radical transparency
Be absolutely transparent. Don’t play games. Be serious enough. You can’t destroy what you built for many years.
5. Consult with a professional
6. Don’t let your world revolve around your partner
7. Learn to compromise
Life is not always mathematics. Life requires compromises. You can’t be a god on earth. You need to accommodate the other.
8. Spend time with friends outside of your relationship.
Don’t put all eggs in one basket.
9. Engage in affectionate physical contact
10. Use skilled communication
Be careful how you communicate. You might be hurting the other person by the way you talk.
11. Speak from your heart
Listen to your heart. Speak from your heart.
12. Actively listen
Practice listening. Relationships require active listening. Unless we listen,we do a one man show.
13. Healthy conflict resolution strategies
You must find conflict resolution strategies. For that you must learn from the experts. You must do it.
14. Get to the root cause
Find out the root causes of your chaos.
15. Follow your gut feelings
Your gut knows what is best for you.